9.10.2010

Rachel Roy uses "Real" Women in Fall 2010 Campaign

In my opinion,  instead of being labeled as "plus size" it should be titled "real" size...or in an even perfect world, be labeled simply "models" or "fashion" without the addition of extra titles. After all, the average woman in America is a size 14. And even "straight size" women get upset seeing models size 00-2 constantly used in major campaigns. At the end of the day, it's all about FASHION. From size 00 to 44, why create different sectors when EVERYBODY wears clothes?  It causes many problems including eating disorders, anxiety, depression, etc.

...Which is why I give props to Rachel Roy for using "real" models in her new campaign!

Photo: RachelRoy.com

I love the idea behind her campaign. RR is holding a You Tube contest in which applicants had to answer the question: "If you could say one thing to the world, what would it be?" Some of my favorite answers from the lovely ladies above include:

Love your flaws...
Be happy, but unsatisfied.
live your life...
The world is a book
When you're eating an orange, know you're eating an orange.

She is choosing 5 winners that will be featured on the website and will a $150 giftcard. Check it out if you'd like to share a video with Rachel Roy!

If things work out as planned, I'll be attending Teen Vogue's Fashion University Conference next month in NYC where Rachel Roy will be hosting a seminar. Exciting! I love her ultra feminine and modern sense of style.

1 comment:

  1. I love seeing real women in campaigns. It is so refreshing to see girls that look like me. I also do not really like the label "plus." Fashion is fashion, no matter what size.

    www.aussie-blue.com
    Tweet @_MeganJoy

    ReplyDelete