12.03.2010

Teen Vogue Fashion University Conference

When I got the call that I won the competition for Torrid I was ready to drop all other opportunities that I had lined up but fortunately, I was able to still go to the Teen Vogue Fashion University Conference held directly after my time in LA. I was extremely excited to be going back to New York City!! I was flown in a day early but I got together with some of my friends and one of them had arranged a meet-up with twin eyewear designers, Coco & Breezy. These girls were sooo sweet and as you can see from the picture below, they also have amazing style! Check out their website to see some amazing futuristic styled designs!

Pictures by Grace Ajanaku


The first day of the event included a private shopping event at Juicy Couture. They had cute little h'orderves being offered by some of the finest male models as well as concert performances.







This year's conference included speakers from many key people in the industry. Editor in Chief of American Vogue, Anna Wintour, was the opening speaker, bridal designer, Vera Wang, was the key note speaker, and seminars included designers Rachel Roy, Jason Wu, Alexis Bittar, Zac Posen, Charlotte Ronson, Richard Chai, Justin Guinta, Erin Fetherston, Prabal Gurung, models Stacey McKenzie and Ali Michael, president of J. Crew Jenna Lyons, and the editors of Teen Vogue, along with many other fashion leaders.

 President of J. Crew-Jenna Lyons (I loved her outfit)



Jenna Lyons shows us her first clothing items she made while in school.

The last day was very inspirational with speakers that included Rachel Simmons, Ali Michael and Stacey Mckenzie who talked about the struggles of being a model and shared with us their personal stories. Stacey Mckenzie's story really touched me...so much so that I'm going to dedicate a separate post for her!

Overall, this trip was a great one...I have to make NYC-the nation's fashion capital- home to me one day.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment